Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How was 2012 REMAX Toronto Kickstart Event? Well Honestly...!

Picture_3

VIDEO - Click HERE

I spent a couple days at REMAX KICKSTART event at The Convention Centre downtown with thousands of REMAX salespeople and brokers.  The event's purpose is to provide REMAX agents with market facts, educational courses and motivation to start the year on a high note!  After all, being a REAL ESTATE Salesperson is rated Top 10 most stressful "careers!"  

From me, you know, you always get the TRUTH!  

Day 1: Monday was a bomb!  Giant waste of time.  "La Grande" disappointment!  Monday were the educational courses.  

Social Media, I took was a bust and so was the Mortgage Course having talked to agents during lunch.  There should have been a qualifier for these courses that they are for absolute beginners, new agents not for the 90% who aren't.  

I think REMAX failed to understand Realtors needs.  i.e. concrete steps to help them "market and grow" their business.  If there were even 5 action steps I could have taken from the Social Media course it would have been worth 2.5 hours of torture.  Thankfully he cut it short 30 minutes.

DAY 2 - Well this is where the EVENT SHINED!  Excellent speakers starting with 10 year old child prodigy Ethan Bortnick! Inspirational and talented!

-  I had to leave for a deal in the middle of the TD "President-Dude's" excellent market update and came back in the afternoon for the Dr Hank Weisinger who did a fantastic job in helping us understand "emotions" setting up the crazy, lunatic, fired-up,(all in a loving way)  Gary Vaynerchuk who hit a smashing line drive, dead centre, home run!

Gary's message?

You gotta be REAL.  Be Transparent.  Provide Personal Service.  Connect in a conversation on Facebook & Twitter and other Social Media and don't hold back to show the "Authentic Self"!

After all, "giving starts the receiving process".  I love this:  If you are real.. speak the truth... you never have to REMEMBER ANYTHING!

HOW CAN REMAX IMPROVE THIS YEARLY EVENT?

Now I'm going to be REAL and I'm sure some people won't like it.

1.  Credit courses should focus on Marketing.  After all we are in the business of "marketing" people's homes even though we are called "salesperson".

2.  Vet the course material before it is delivered.  I'm sure another 20 or so brokers/ salespeople would more than gladly sit in a class to hear the pre-presentation!  I volunteer!

3.  NO MORE BOXED LUNCHES!   I'm sure it is not just an INDIAN THING!  But Food is Planned before the party!  Because it doesn't matter how great the "party is"... it is remembered by how great the food was!   

You know I heard our president, espouse REMAX's brand "QUALITY" and I agree.  Highlighting Agent Quality, Training Quality, and not least the Quality of the Venue.  Yes the VIPs of real estate.

Well if we are VIP agents, then we should be treated with VIP service.  Box lunches, that tastes worse than airplane food, is not food for VIP guests.  

I watched about hundred agents from over a thousand sit in the cafeteria eating and there faces said it all.  We're eating because we're hungry.  I didn't see a smile of: "Thank you REMAX for a fantastic lunch"!

I hope Remax will spare $10 to provide a warm meal or make it non-lunch event.  Give us an hour and a half so we can stimulate the local economy besides the parking garage.

I never like ending on a negative note and REMAX didn't disappoint on Day 2.  I love to learn that is why I was there and thank god Gary hit a home run otherwise I'd felt as if I was REMAX KICKED! :)

My Vote is in:

Day 1:  Remax 1 of 10 - wasted money, time and energy!
Day 2:  REMAX: 7 of 10 would have been 9 if Food was good! 

What did you think??????

To everyone's success in 2012.

"our thoughts without concrete actions are dreams unfulfilled- jas jagpal"

Jas Jagpal, Broker

FREE SELLER CONSULTATION & CMA - Click Here  
RE/MAX Dynasty Realty Inc.  
8 Shadlock St. Markham 
O: 905-471-0002
 

Houses
: www.TeamJagpal.com  Condos: TorontoCondoRealEstate.ca
 © 2012 Jas Jagpal, BROKER, BSc. York University

 

Posted via email from Markham Homes for Sale : Markham Condos Real Estate : Investment Pre-Construction Condos

No comments:

Post a Comment