Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't be a HATER!

I posted my FLAT FEE MLS flyer at the Temple's bulletin board on Saturday.  Sometime between Sunday afternoon and Monday morning someone decides to put their rental posting over mine, even though there is plenty of room to post it to the side.  So I move it for them.  Today I went by the temple as I do every day and someone removed my flyer altogether!  Wow... even at a place of worship people can't put away their hatred and jealousy.

If I was a betting man I'd bet on a Realtor taking off my flyer.  He must be thinking "FLAT FEE MLS - WTF!!  He's going to STEAL my Clients!"  Unfortunately I can't cure this poverty mindset!  No one steals from anyone.  There is far more business in the universe that we can handle or need.  We just have to provide the services that people need at any given moment.

Unfortunately my FLAT FEE MLS listing idea is too revolutionary for traditional Realtors who'd rather keep the status quo where everyone pays 5% commissions to sell their house.

I'd rather give people the option of selecting a package that fits their individual needs and pay just for the services they require. Hence I offer 5 packages.

You know I wonder, how many of the 5000 home owners who get my newsletter at their house by Canada post on a monthly basis also hate my unconventional business ideas! :-)  Who knows how many Realtors get my newsletter in Morningside Heights and Markham.

Well I can't speak for others... but I think people need to chill a little.  Everyone who earns their keep works for it.  Very few get a hand-out or a hand-down. 

In my 30 years of business from Selling Flowers at downtown street corners at age nine, Ice-Cream at the Beaches, Mangos at Gerrard St, print products and now Real Estate... I learned that people will do business with people they like and trust.  Some factors that influence their decision on a conscious or a sub-conscious level are- Service, Quality, Respect, Punctuality, Mannerism, Religious Beliefs, Cost, Dependability, Colour, Sex, Looks, Dress, Timing, Luck. 

Now with all these factors determing if a person is going to use your services or not... then only small minds can feel Jealous of another person's success.  I don't plugin many books but I recommend you read a few books by John C Maxwell. "How Successful People Think".  "Outlier" by Malcolm Gladwell.  The classic "Think & Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.

Anyways... I got to take my son to his soccer practice but If you want to use my FLAT FEE MLS idea then I recommend that you do it.  I won't mind.  But don't be Haters and remove my flyers or brochures... print your own and post them right beside mine.

Peace! Thank you.  Also check out my previous blog of 30 Traits of Highly Successful People.

© 2010- Jas Jagpal, Remax Sales Representative, jasjagpal@gmail.com ; 647-272-6629
Markham Boxgrove Homes, Morningside Heights Homes, Scarborough Town Centre Condos, Toronto Real Estate: www.JasJagpal.com
Thinking of Selling a House or a Condo - Don't pay 5% or 4% commissions.  
FLAT FEE MLS listings is the way to go: www.SELLFor999.com

 Posted on: www.1stoprealestate.ca : www.LinkToMorningside.comwww.MarkhamBoxgrove.com

 Bookmark & Share

Posted via email from Markham Boxgrove Real Estate Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment